Saturday, February 28, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Upcoming Meetings for Issue 4
Both to be held in Ms. Kupiec's room at 7:15amThursday, Feb. 26- Editor's meeting, editors be prepared with a rough draft of article ideas for your section
Tuesday, March 3- Full staff meeting, article signups
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Welcome to The Devil's Advocate's new communication system! From now on, check this blog regularly for updates on upcoming meetings, section deadlines, and fundraising events.
The Strike System
Due to necessary circumstances, we will now be imposing a strike system upon our staff and editors in order to ensure commitment and responsibility. For every missed meeting or deadline, you will receive one strike. If you receive two strikes within a year, you will be replaced.
* There will be a mandatory staff meeting before school the first Tuesday of every month for the rest of the year. Attendance will be taken, and a strike system will be imposed. Editors will have additional bi-monthly meetings.
* All rough draft editing sessions will now be held arranged by individual sections to improve efficiency. Each section editor will establish the meeting time with their staff writers.
* There will now be a 5 article limit per section, to prevent uneven distribution (with the exception of school news and athletics, which will be granted more space due to our focus as a school paper)
* Staff members, once signed up for a particular article, will not be allowed to change topics. Please choose carefully.
* Deadlines will be strictly enforced with the strike system. However, if a writer is interested in covering a time-sensitive issue that must be written closer to or beyond the deadline, they may request an extension from their section editors one week in advance.
~If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section or contact us directly!~